Vrat Ke Chawal Ki Kheer (Sama Rice Kheer)
During Navratri Vrat Ke Chawal is also a popular ingredient used in many dishes. You can either use it like normal rice or make pulao or you can make kheer. The kheer is a delicious and healthy recipe commonly used during Navratri.
- Full Cream Milk (3 cups)
- Samvat Rice 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Wash the Vrat Ke Chawal and dip them in water for 1 hour.
- Cut cashew and almond in small pieces, and make a powder of cardamon.
- In a pan add milk and let it get warm, and add the rice (vrat ke chawal) in milk.
- Keep on stirring the milk in low flame, when the rice is soft add the cashew and almond and let it boil for a few minutes.
- At last, add the cardamom powder to the kheer and your tasty and healthy kheer is ready to be savored.