Sabudana Ki Kheer (साबूदाना खीर) is a very popular dessert during the Navratri festival or during some fasting days. Sabudana are pearl tapioca and is 90% carbohydrate and very less protein. Hence sabudana is suitable for instant energy that we need while fasting.
Sabudana is a non grain food hence it is allowed in fasting days. There are various fasting recipes of sabudana out of which Sabudana kheer is one. This is a much loved Indian pudding that is made with tapioca pearls for fasting days, specially during Navratri when we keep fast for nine days.
It is delicious and very easy to prepare plus is very nutritious. It is not only a fasting dish it is loved by all specially children love to relish it, as the transparent pearls are too yummy to eat.
You can either cook the kheer in open pan or in a pressure cooker, you just need two whistles for it to get cooked.
Learn how to make/prepare Sabudana Ki Kheer by following this easy recipe.
- 1 liter Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sabudana
- 4-5 green cardamoms
- 1 tbsp Cashew nut, and raisins (optional)
- Saffron for garnishing
How to make Sabudane Ki Kheer:
• Take a bowl and wash and drain Sabudana in it you need to presoak Sabudana for 5-6 hours.
• Take a deep pan and pour milk in it. Add the drained Sabudana in it.
• Boil this milk on medium heat, till it thickens add cardamoms.
• Dissolve the sugar in 1 cup warm water and then add it to this milk.
• Now, cook it on medium heat, till it thickens again. Remove from the flame and add cashew nuts and raisins in it.
• Let the prepared kheer come down to room temperature and then keep it in the refrigerator.
- You can garnish the kheer with saffron before serving.