Vrat Ke Aloo( व्रत के आलू )is a simple dish daily used during the Navratri fast. It is a simple dish yet it is very delicious to eat.
- 3 medium-size potatoes
- 3 medium-size tomato
- 1 green chilies
- Cumin seeds
- Oil or butter 2 tablespoon
- Water 2 cups
- Sendha namak / Rock salt
- Red Chilli powder
- Garam masala
1. Rinse the potatoes and keep them in pressure cooker covered with water and let them boil for 4-5 whistles.
2. Peel the boiled potatoes and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil or butter in a pan and add cumin seeds when cumin crackle add chopped green chilies.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and let it become mushy when the tomatoes are soft add the crumbles potatoes and stir it well.
5. Add water and sendha namak according to taste.
6. Cook it for further 10 minutes till the gravy thickens, add chili powder and garam masala.
7. Garnish them with coriander leaves and serve hot with kuttu ka atta ki roti and curd.