This famous classic Chocolate cookie is a treat no matter what the age or occasion.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- if desired, 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix sugar, brown sugar, butter and egg in a large bowl by
hand. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. The dough will be very stiff.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto
ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
- The centers will be soft.
- Let cool for one minute then remove from cookie sheet and
place on wire rack to finish cooling.