Tomato Soup (टमाटर सूप) is a soup made with tomatoes as the main ingredient. It is an all-time favorite soup and loved by all.
- Tomatoes 600 gms.
- Chopped ginger 1 tbsp.
- Chopped garlic 1 tbsp.
- Whole garam masala 1 tbsp.
- Bay leaf 2 no.
- Chopped green coriander 1 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
- Sugar (optional) 1 tbsp.
- Oil 1 tbsp.
- Green chili 2 no.
- Salt As per taste
Wash and cut tomatoes into quarters
2. Cook tomatoes with chopped ginger, garlic, green chilies cut into two, and Whole Garam masala. Add 5 cups of water and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
3. Simmer for twenty minutes on a slow flame until tomatoes are mashed completely.
4. Strain the mixture with a soup strainer.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, let them crackle. Add strained tomato liquid and season with salt.
6. Bring it to a boil, add sugar if it is very sour.
7. Serve hot, garnished with chopped green coriander leaves or basil leaves.
Suggested Read: Top 10 Food Foreigners should Never Miss In India