Stir Fry Veg Hakka Noodles is a famous street food in India, also called as Chow mein. Its is kids favorite food, so why not to prepare restaurant type, healthy, Veg noodles prepared at home rather than buying from restaurants.
Noodles (Plain or Hakka noodles 1 pack)
Onion – 1 chopped length wise
Garlic – 2 sp Finely chopped
Cabbage – finely chopped 1 cup
Capsicum – All Colours 1 cup
Carrot – 2 grated
Soya Sauce 2 tsp
Tomato ketchup – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – according to taste
Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Boil 5 cups of water in a pan with some salt and few drops of oil, add noodles and bring it to boil.
- Cook noodles according to packet instruction or till the noodles are soft and breaks easily by finger.
- When the noodles are done strain them in a colander, rinse them in cold water.
- Add few drops of oil and toss the noodles gently, by this method the noodles doesnot get sticky.
- Cool the noodles completely before adding them to the vegetables.
- In another pan heat 2 tsp of olive oil and add chopped garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Now add all the chopped vegetables and onions stir fry for about 1-2 minutes in high flame by continiously stiring the veg to prevent them from burning.
- The vegetables should retain therecrispiness, so take care not to over cook them.
- Reduce the flame once the vegetables are stir fried and add pepper powder, salt and soya sauce along with the boiled noodles.
- Increase the flame and keep on tossing the noodles, add 1 tsp of tomato ketchup if you want to give some sweetness to the noodles.
- You can garnish the noodles with chopped spring onions, and serve them hot.