- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2/3 cup cream
- 200g/7 oz spinach, shredded
- cayenne pepper
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper, according to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the garlic and onion for 5 minutes, or until they are soft and golden brown.
- Stir in the cumin and coriander and cook for 1 minute.
- Blend together the cream and cornflour with the salt (if using) and black pepper. Stir into the pan with the Spinach.
- After 5 Min take the pan out of gas and let it cool and blend the mixture in blender.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve immediately, sprinkled with a little cayenne pepper.