Rabri is an classic Indian dessert that goes well with every festive. It is made of thickened sweetened milk with layers of cream and is very easy and fuss-free to make at home.
Just with few ingredients your yummilicious rabri is ready to be eaten, you can enjoy it plain or with Gulab Jamun, Jalebi, Falooda and Malpua.
- 1.5 litres full fat milk
- Sugar as required
- Cardamoms (crushed)
- Saffron strands 10-12
- Almonds (shredded) 10
- Pistachios (shredded) 10
- Take a heavy-bottom pan or kadai and boil milk in it.
- Once the milk start boiling, simmer it over low heat.
- Add sugar, cardamom, saffron and let it simmer on low flame.
- Dont stir it too often let the layer of cream form at the top.
- With spatula gently move the cream formed to the side. The colour will change to light yellow due to saffron.
- Keep on checking the milk, the process of collecting cream is to be repeated many times.
- Once your milk reduces to 1/4 of the original quantity switch off the flame.
- Gently stir and garnish with shredded almond and pistachios.
- Your delicious Rabri is ready it can be served hot or chilled.