Rabri | Rabdi Recipe | Easy homemade Rabri
Rabri is an classic Indian dessert that goes well with every festive. It is made of thickened sweetened milk with layers of cream and is very easy and fuss-free to make at home.
Just with few ingredients your yummilicious rabri is ready to be eaten, you can enjoy it plain or with Gulab Jamun, Jalebi, Falooda and Malpua.
- 1.5 litres full fat milk
- Sugar as required
- Cardamoms (crushed)
- Saffron strands 10-12
- Almonds (shredded) 10
- Pistachios (shredded) 10
- Take a heavy-bottom pan or kadai and boil milk in it.
- Once the milk start boiling, simmer it over low heat.
- Add sugar, cardamom, saffron and let it simmer on low flame.
- Dont stir it too often let the layer of cream form at the top.
- With spatula gently move the cream formed to the side. The colour will change to light yellow due to saffron.
- Keep on checking the milk, the process of collecting cream is to be repeated many times.
- Once your milk reduces to 1/4 of the original quantity switch off the flame.
- Gently stir and garnish with shredded almond and pistachios.
- Your delicious Rabri is ready it can be served hot or chilled.