Rasgullas are white Indian cottage cheese paneer balls soaked in sugar syrup. It is one of the most popular Indian sweets, especially in summers.
- 1 Kg Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- A cotton cloth
- 4 cup of water
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 4-5 thread
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- In a pan bring milk to boil.
- Add lemon juice to the milk while continuously stirring.
- Switch off the stove.
- Within15-20 seconds, milk should start to separate from the whey. Milk is completed separated and you can see whey is in light greenish color.
- Now take a drainer and a cotton cloth or cheesecloth, and place it over the drainer.
Pour milk solid along with whey (It is very hot with the help of spoon you can drain some water).
- Mix some cold water. Take opposite ends of the cloth and tie together lifting the cloth out from the drainer.
- Squeeze as much as you can. But remember while squeezing paneer (chena) should not be dry.
- Prepare sugar syrup …Take a deep Pan or can use the cooker or any deep utensil. Take water and sugar. Cover with lid and boil it. Meanwhile, we will prepare chena balls.
- Now knead this chena for 5-6 minutes with the help of palm or hands.
- Make a smooth dough. Divide it into equal parts. Make it into ba all shape.
- Now add a ball into the sugar syrup. Add rose water, cardamom powder, and saffron into the sugar syrup.
- Firstly boil the balls for 10 minutes on high gas. Then boil for 25 minutes on the medium gas.
- Your Rasgullas are ready. But Rasgullas should be soaked in sugar syrup for 10- 12 hrs.
After 10-12 hrs enjoy cool rasgullas.