- 1 Kg Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- A cotton cloth
- 4 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 4-5 thread
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- In a pan bring milk to boil.
- Add lemon juice to the milk while continuously stirring.
- Switch off the stove .
- Within15-20 seconds, milk should start to separate from whey ….Milk is completed separated and you can see whey is in light greenish color.
- Now take a drainer and a cotton cloth or cheese cloth ….and place it over the drainer.
Pour milk solid along with whey (It is very hot with the help of spoon you can drain some water).
- Mix some cold water. Take opposite ends of the cloth and tie together lifting the cloth out from the drainer.
- Squeeze as much as you can. But remember while squeezing paneer (chena) should not be dry.
- Prepare sugar syrup …Take a deep Pan or can use the cooker or any deep utensil. Take water and sugar. Cover with lid and boil it. Mean while we will prepare chena balls.
- Now knead this chena for 5-6 minutes with the help of palm or hands.
- Make a smooth dough. Divide it into equal parts. Make it into ba all shape.
- Now add ball into the sugar syrup. Add rose water, cardamom powder, and saffron into the sugar syrup.
- Firstly boil the balls for 10 minutes on high gas. Then boil for 25 minutes on the medium gas.
- Your rasgullas are ready. But Rasgullas should be soaked in sugar syrup for 10- 12 hrs.
After 10-12 hrs enjoy cool rasgullas.