Poila Baisakh 2022 – Wishes, Quotes and Message
April not only heralds the start of a new financial year, but it also kicks off state-wide celebrations ushering in the Bengali New Year, officially known as ‘Poila Boishakh’. While the Gregorian calendar labels January as the first month of a new year, April marks the beginning of Bengali new year.
The festival of Pohela Boishakh (First day if Boishakh month) marks the first day of Bengali Calendar and is celebrated with great zeal and fervour in the Indian state of West Bengal, Odisha, Tripura, and parts of Assam. Bengalis who live in India celebrate it either on 14th or on 15th April. It is also celebrated in the other part of the world like Bangladesh, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, UK, Sweden, etc.
Bengalis worshiped Goddess Lakshmi and Ganesha, in this festival day. You can find fantastic Alpanas (Rangoli) in Bengali houses with a Kalash in center of it. They go to temples and pray for luck and prosperity within the coming 12 months.
Businessman and traders close old account for previous year and open new account for their business. All shops in this occasion decorated with flowers. Sweets and snacks are distributed by the traders for their customers this time. Cultural programs are also organized in Bengal in the occasion of Poila Baisakh.
It was the day which marked the beginning of the harvesting season across large parts of India. If the boisterous Punjabi farmers celebrated it as Baisakhi, for our Bengali friends, the day marked the beginning of their new year, Poila Baisakh, wherein they wished each other Subho Nababarsho.
On the auspicious day of Bengali New Year, everybody wears new dresses, exchange gifts or sweets and lots of New Year wishes. The traditional greeting for Bengali New Year is শুভ নববর্ষ “Shubhô Nôbobôrsho” which is literally “Happy New Year”. Share our wishes with your friends and family on this auspicious day.
- Lets welcome the year which is fresh and new,
Lets cherish each moment it beholds,
Lets celebrate this blissful new year
Shubo Nobo Barsho
- May the sweetness of sandesh and flavour of ripe mango fill your life with the joy of a New Year! Subho Noboborsho.
- Naba Barsha! Wish you a contentful and prosperous year filled with love, peace, hope and joy. May the coming year usher all these goodies on you.
- Wishing you tonnes of happiness and prosperity on this Bengali New Year. Subho Poila Boisakh!
- Hoping that this Naba Barsha brings cheer, prosperity, and peace in your life. Pray to God to grant you the strength to face all odds in life.
- Wishing a blessed and prosperos Bengali New year to you and your family.
- Happy New Year! May all the “Rasgullas” fill your mouth with lot of sweetness and may you never face any issues in life. “Shubho Nobo Borsho!”
- To everyone celebrating Bengali New Year we wish you Shubho Noboborsho!
- On this auspicious day of Boishakh, I pray god to always shower his blessings upon you and your family. Shubho Naba Borsho.
- Let this be a new beginning of a wonderful year which dispels all darkness. Wishing you a very happy New Year!
- May the brand new year be stuffed with pleasure and prosperity. Subho Nabo Borsho
- On the joyous occasion of Poila Boishakh, here’s praying that God blesses you with good health, wealth, peace and prosperity.