Buddha Purnima 2023 : Wishes, Quotes, Messages
Buddha Purnima is celebrated to commemorate the birth, enlightenment, and death of Gautama Buddha. According to Hindu Calendar, it falls on the full moon day in the month of Vaishakha. The day is also called Vaisakh day or Vaisakh Purnima when the main three events occur in Buddhas life – his birth, enlightenment, and death.
It is on this day, more than 2,500 years ago that a boy was born in Lumbini, Nepal. His birth was to alter human destiny forever. Buddha Purnima celebrates the birth of Gautam Buddha, the man who in his lifetime attained enlightenment and gave the world a whole new way of life, the tenets of Buddhism. He also attained enlightenment and achieved Nirvana on this day, so this day is considered triply auspicious by the Buddhists and Hindus all over the world. Mostly, the countries like Nepal, India, Thailand, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Korea, Laos, Vietnam, Mongolia, Cambodia, Singapore, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka celebrate Buddha Purnima.
Buddha Purnima has become a social, religious, cultural, and spiritual festival when several events and discussions are held on Buddhist scriptures. Followers of Buddhism visit local Viharas on this day they light candles, and incense sticks and prepare sweets to be offered before the Lord (Gautama Buddha). Sermons on the life and teachings of Buddha are held and attended by followers all over on this day and people usually dress in white. Non-vegetarian food is avoided on the day and sweets like kheer are prepared to mark the celebrations. People from far and wide come to participate in these events that describe the life history of Gautama Buddha.
On this auspicious day, wish Buddha Purnima to your friends and family members through our wishes, messages, and pictures.
- May Buddha Purnima’s full moon today remove the darkness of ignorance from our lives and guide us to the path of peace and enlightenment! Happy Buddha Jayanti to you.
- Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well. Happy Buddha Purnima!
- May Lord Buddha guide us on the path of love, peace, and truth. Happy Buddha Purnima to you and your family.
- On Buddha Purnima, here’s wishing you peace, happiness, good health and prosperity.
- Let us be enlightened on the path of love, peace and truth by Lord Buddha.
- May the guidance of Lord Buddha fill our life with hope amid these difficult times. Buddha Purnima ki Shubhkamanye!
- Let us pray for peace and harmony for all humankind on this auspicious day. Happy Buddha Jayanti!
- Warm greetings on the auspicious occasion of Buddha Purnima, the birth anniversary of Gautama Buddha.
- May Lord Buddha enlighten you on the path of love and truth!
- Let Us Be Enlightened on the Path of Love, Peace, and Truth by Lord Buddha. Happy Buddha Purnima!
- May Lord Buddha destroy all sins and obstacles of our lives and guide us, always. Warm wishes to you on this auspicious day of Buddha Purnima!
- Let your spirit fill with non-violence and truth. Happy Buddha Purnima.
- May you be blessed with the Almighty’s choicest blessings. Here’s wishing everyone on the auspicious occasion of Buddha Purnima.
- May all the darkness and confusion in your life end with the brightness of the moon on the occasion of Buddha Purnima. Warm wishes on Buddha Jayanti.
- On the occasion of Buddha Jayanti, I wish we all are enlightened with knowledge to have a progressive and successful life. A very Happy Buddha Jayanti to all.
- May Lord Buddha destroys all sins and obstacles of your life. Happy Buddha Jayanti
- Always keep the mind pure, see every person with love, celebrate Buddha Jayanti with joy. Happy Buddha Jayanti to all of you.