Benefit Of Olive Oil For Skin And Hair Care
Olive Oil contains vitamins and nutrients and is loaded with antioxidants. The Olive oil is not only gentle on the digestive system but also has other health benefits, it is mainly used in beauty products.
Olives have been used since ages for moisturizing skin, partly because of its linoleic acid. Its health benefits can be used by consuming the oil, directly applying in the skin, a warm bath for a good soak, and for various hair treatment application.
Olive oil is safe to be used as a natural lubricant for a close shave or for soothing aftershave, for the treatment of chapped skin and also for fragrance.
Olive oil is pressed from fresh olives mainly made in Mediterranean regions its beauty benefits include Moisturizing skin, Improving skin elasticity, improving skin regenerative properties, reducing wrinkles, it is a good antioxidant and good fats to fight free radicals that help in skin healing.
It can also be used for removing dandruff, massaging frizzy hairs, controlling split ends of hairs.
Benefits of olive oil for skin
Olive oil is very effective in removing makeup as olive oil grabs all other oils and since makeup is often made up of oil and heavy waxes olive oil can dissolve oily makeup very effectively, making is best for cleansing and removing makeup from face and eyes. There are many products in the market which are oil-free cleansers and you must be wondering how come oil used for cleansing when we have oil-free cleansers in the market. But olive oil has the property to absorb dirty oils from your skin it works well for removing mascara, eyeliner, foundation all naturally.
The key to oil cleansing is castor oil which has antibacterial property, depending upon your skin type you can mix castor oil with olive oil.
- Normal Skin: 1:1 ratio of castor oil to extra-virgin olive oil
- Oily Skin: 3:1 ratio of castor oil to extra-virgin olive oil
- Dry Skin: 1:3 ratio of castor oil to extra-virgin olive oil
Suggested Read: Natural Skin Toners
Mix the two oils together according to proportion a and rub it into your dry skin and massage for about a minute, if you are wearing mascara or eye makeup than removing it first with the help of cotton dipped in oils.
Now run the washcloth under water and wipe your face and any extra oil left, it will not only clean your pores but also remove impurities from your face.
Olive oil as Moisturizer
Olive oil is a natural moisturizer for almost all skin types, the Olive oil contains vitamins A and E which help in repairing your skin.
When you use olive oil as a moisturizer you are putting the natural product onto your skin that will penetrate deep into your skin and provide a long-lasting shield of moisture to keep your skin soft and supple. It can either be used as a night cream or as a daily moisturizer.
You can use olive oil straight from the bottle and massage it into your skin.
Suggested Read: Skin Care Tips
Olive oil for skin whitening
Olive oil used for skin whitening or lightening just mix the olive oil with lemon juice which is effective in skin whitening. Olive oils Vitamin A and E will repair and refresh your skin while lemon juice is a natural astringent which helps to fight acne and lightening your skin tone, amazing your skin brighter and glowing.
Just mix equal quantity of olive oil and lemon juice and apply it over your face and neck, let it sit for 25 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Olive oil as an exfoliator
Olive oil can be used as an exfoliator or face scrub to remove the dead cells. Just mix the olive oil with some sea salt and scrub it to your skin and wash off with warm water. You can also mix olive oil with honey, granulated sugar, and lime juice this will not only act as an exfoliator but also make your skin brighter. This scrub can also be used as a lip scrub for its acidic exfoliating properties leaving your lips soft and supple.
Olive oil for wrinkles
Olive oil contains antioxidants that fight aging and erase wrinkles and fine lines from your face and also prevent skin sagging. It contributes to skin glow and protects your skin from harmful free radicals.
Suggested Read: Face care tips for glowing skin
Olive Oil for Haircare
When used with hair and scalp olive oil acts as a deep conditioner and an effective dandruff controller.
- You can apply warm olive oil on your hair and scalp leave it for 20 minutes and then shampoo. Your scalp will be benefited from healthy conditioning with more shine and strength to your hairs.
- For dandruff Treatment mix lemon juice with olive oil and apply it on your hairs leaving it for 20 minuted than shampooing. The acidic lemon juice will help loosen dandruff and olive oil will moisturize your scalp.
- For split ends and breakage just apply olive oil in your fingers and run them through your hairs, this will not only help you to get smooth hairs but also gives strength and shine to your hairs.
- You can apply a mask of egg and olive oil on hairs just blend the egg yolk with olive oil and apply it to your hairs, let it sit for 20 minutes them simply wash off with shampoo. It will strengthen your hair as well as maintain its texture.
- Honey and Olive oil also form a hair mask that keeps your hair cleansed and silky. Just mix the two into equal quantity and apply it on your hairs with your fingertip gently rub over your scalp and length of your hairs and leave it for 5 minutes and rinse with warm water.