Apple is always in news for its latest launches, now its have released its cheapest iPad. But android still remains the most used operating system and is leaving no chance to be in news.
Google have now released the better version of android known as Android O. It’s the next version of Android, with new power and performance optimizations and many new ways to extend your apps. Android O top priority is saving power, so there will be no impact on mobile battery while application is running.
New features introduced by Android O.
- Android O puts a big priority on improving a user’s battery life and the device’s interactive performance.
- Android O also introduces notification channels, which are new app-defined categories for notification content.
- Picture in Picture (PIP) display is now available on phones and tablets, so users can continue watching a video while they’re answering a chat or hailing a car.
- The autofill app stores and secures user data, such as addresses, user names, and even passwords. For apps that want to handle autofill, Now there is a new APIs to implement an Autofill service.
- Fonts are now a fully supported resource type in Android O. Apps can now use fonts in XML layouts as well as define font families in XML — declaring the font style and weight along with the font files.
- There is adaptive icons which will help you to integrate better with device UI, the system also animates interactions with the icons, and them in the launcher, shortcuts, Settings, sharing dialogs, and in the overview screen.
- Android developers of imaging apps can now take advantage of new devices that have a wide-gamut color capable display.
- Android O now also supports high-quality Bluetooth audio codecs such as LDAC codec.
- In Android O there is focus on building a more reliable, predictable model for “arrow” and “tab” navigation that aids both developers and end users.
- Android O have AAudio it is a new native API that’s designed specifically for apps that require high-performance, low-latency audio.
- Android O, is enabling multi process mode by default and adding an API to let your app handle errors and crashes, for enhanced security and improved app stability.
- With Android O, Android now supports several new Java Language APIs, including the new java.
- Hardware manufacturers and silicon partners have accelerated fixes and enhancements to the Android platform in the O release.