Thandai is a traditional beverage, popularly made during the festival of Mahashivratri and Holi Festival. It is a refreshing drink with goodness of saffron and dry fruits, which will keep you hydrated throughout the day.
Milk, sugar, water, dry fruits (almonds, cashew, poppy seeds, melon seeds), cardamom powder, rose petals, saffron.
- Soak sugar in water and make consistent sugar syrup.
- Soak the dry fruits in water for 5-6 hours.
- Strain the water and grind the ingredients until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add sugar syrup, cardamom powder and milk in the paste, and strain the mixture.
- Now add saffron and rose petals.
- Chill the mixture and garnish it with dry fruits before serving.
- The drink keeps you hydrated throughout the day.