Sabudana is used during fasting to make sweet kheer or salty khichdi. It forms a tasty and healthy food which can be consumed during fast. It forms a whole some food to be consumed during fasting, it is healthy as well as yummy.
- Sabudana 1 cup
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Tomato 2 chopped
- Potato one chopped
- Coriander for garnishing
- Sendha Namak according to taste
- Chilli powder
- Garam Masala
- Green chilli
- Black pepper powder
- Ghee 2 tsp
- Wash sabudana 4-5 times in water and soak it for 5-8 hours.
- Heat 3 tsp ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds an let them splutter.
- Now add finely chopped green chilli, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala and two chopped tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Now add chopped one potato and sabudana pearls add sendha namak and water.
- Cover the pan and let sabudana cook for 10-15 minuites in low flame.
- Sabudana will become translucent when cooked, keep on stiring in between.
- When sabudana is cooked completely and potatoes are soft switch off the gas.
- I prefer to add more water as i like the liquid consitency to the khichdi.
- Garnish it with Black pepper powder and chopped coriander and serve.