Cham Cham sweet
CHAM CHAM or Chomchom or cham cham, or chum chum is a traditional Bengali sweet, learn how to make it at home.
- 1 Litre milk
- 2 cup of sugar
- 5 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 drop kewra essence
- 1/2 small bowl white vinegar
Preparation of chenna
- Boil milk in a pot.
- Once the milk has boiled, switch off the flame.
- Mix vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water in a small cup, Put it in the boiled milk.
- Once the milk completely curdles, drain out the water using a strainer.
- Wash the chenna (milk solids) in cold water.
- Put it in a cheesecloth and keep a heavy weight on top of the cheesecloth for 3 to 4 hours,
Preparation of Cham cham Sweets
- Remove the Cheena from the cloth and crumble it on the large plate.
- Mash it until it starts to turn like soft dough and add 2 drops of yellow color on it and mix well.
- Make a small portion of this dough and make oval-shaped patties.
- Heat sugar and water together in a large pan, once the sugar syrup starts boiling, put the patties one by one in it.
- Cover with lid.
- After 10 min turns patties on another side.
- Keep it on 30 min on medium flame.
- Off the flame and let it be cold, Once cham cham will cold add cardamon powder and 1 drop of kewra essence and mix very lightly.
- Garnish with dry fruits and serve it.
Suggested Read: Famous Food Of Indian States