Pav Bhaji – A fast food dish from Maharashtra
Pav bhaji (Marathi: पाव भाजी) is a fast food dish from Maharashtra, consisting of a thick vegetable curry (Marathi: “bhaji”) usually prepared in butter and served with a soft bread roll (Konkani: pav). The dish originated in the 1850s as a fast lunchtime dish for textile mill workers in Mumbai. Pav bhaji was later served at restaurants throughout the city. Pav bhaji is now offered at outlets from simple handcarts to formal restaurants in India and abroad. Make easy Mumbai style best delicious, flavorful, and tasty pav bhaji recipe at home.
- Pav Bun
- Potato – 2 nos
- Carrot – 2 nos
- A few Beans
- Tomato – 2 nos
- Cauliflower – 1 cup florets
- Capsicum – 1 no
- Onion – 1 no
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Pav Bhaji masala – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
A few chopped Coriander leaves
Lemon – 1/2
Step 1: Pressure cook the vegetables Add little water to the pressure cooker Then add the potatoes, carrots, beans, cauliflower & salt and pressure cook it.
Step 2: Bhaji Masala
1. Take a wide saucepan and add butter
2. Add chopped onions and saute it for 2 to 3 minutes
3. Add chopped capsicum and saute
4. Once they turn to light brown add the tomatoes
5. Season with salt, chili powder, Pav Bhaji masala and mix well,
6. Mash the cooked vegetables and add it to the masala
7. Add butter again and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Your Bhaji is done
8. Toast the Pav buns with butter.
9. Garnish it with onion, chopped coriander leaves & squeeze the lemon on top.
Suggested Read: Famous Food Of Indian States