Kanjak Pujan On Durga Ashtami and Navami
In the Navratri festival, the eighth and ninth day is considered very auspicious. It is a rule of inviting girls in the form of nine Goddesses, in the last Navaratri on the day of Durgashtami or Navami. The devotee’s Navratri fast is completed only after worshipping the nine girls and giving them Dakshina.
It is believed that mother Durga is pleased by worshipping nine girls and blesses the devotee with happiness and prosperity. Some people keep Kanya Pujan on Navami day and some people on Ashtami day.
The procedure of doing Kanya Puja
1. You can invite the girl’s day before you plan to do Kanya Pujan.
2. The age of girls should be between two to ten years.
3. It is the rule of inviting 9 girls and one boy, but if more girls are present then also it is ok.
4. In the morning take bath and clean the area where you wish to do puja.
5. Make Navratri prasad for the puja which includes halwa, kale chane, puri, kheer.
6. After preparing the Navratri prasad, give Bhog to Maa Durga.
7. Wash the feet of the girls and boys and make them sit in a clean and comfortable place.
8. Put tika and tie Mauli on their wrist. What is Mauli
9. Serve them prasad and give them some gifts.
10. Before sending them back from your house touch their feet and seek blessing.
Inviting girls in your house and giving them prasad and gifts is considered as auspicious and blissful. May this Navratri Maa Durga fulfill all your Wishes & Bring Happiness and Prosperity in your Life. “Jai Mata Di”