Safe drinking water is still a major concern for India. Although many water-purification methods exist, these are expensive and beyond the reach of many people, especially in rural areas.
Ayurveda recommends the use of copper for storing drinking-water. Storing water in copper and silver pots finds mention in ancient texts of Ayurveda for purification of water.
Copper pot has a antibacterial effect against important diarrhoeagenic bacteria. Water and food contaminated with bacteria, viruses, and protozoa cause infectious diarrhoea. Diarrhoea is one of the leading causes of mortality and morbidity, especially in children
of developing countries.
Some of the major benefits of drinking water from Copper vessel are.
- Copper has a unique ability to reduce the threat of disease from waterborne bacteria.
- Copper helps in keeping digestive system healthy, and reduce inflammation within the stomach.
- Water in copper vessels increase heat in body.
- Water of copper vessel help weight loss as it helps body to break down fat.
Copper slow down aging as it has very strong anti-oxidant and cell forming properties.
- Antioxidant property of copper helps to fight Cancer.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties relieves aches and pains caused due to inflamed joints so help to beat Arthritis.
- Copper has been found to help regulate blood pressure so are beneficial in minimizing risk of developing heart disease.
- Copper is one of the most important trace minerals that your thyroid gland needs to function properly.
- Copper is essential for the smooth functioning of your brain as it helps in synthesis of phospholipids that help form the myelin sheaths.
- Too much of metal in our body can cause harm, so dont overdo the exercise of drinking water from copper vessel.
- Water in copper vessels is good for health in winter only, for other seasons use silver Jugs.
Disclaimer: The article is just for informational purpose. And all information facts are personal opinion of the author.