Tandoori paratha (तंदूरी परांठा) is one of the finest paratha not only in looks but taste also is mouthwatering, especially seen in marriage and other parties, this paratha can be said as king of parathas, served along with Sabji / chutney/ curd, so let us move on to make Tandoori paratha.
- Wheat flour – 2 1/2cups
- Gram flour – 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 little
- Fresh Dill – 1 small bunch (Aniseed leaves)
- Green chilies – 3
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Cumin powder – 1 Tsp
- Dhania powder – 1 Tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Onion – 1
- Oil – 2 Tsp
- Ghee – as required
- Salt to taste
- Chop coriander leaves and aniseed leaves finely.
- Chop onion, green chilies, and ginger finely.
- Knead a pliable dough with wheat flour, salt, and 2 tsp of oil. Let it rest for at least half an hour.
- Mix together coriander leaves and aniseed leaves, green chilies, Dhania powder, cumin powder, gram flour, turmeric powder, onion, ginger, and salt.
- Divide into 12 – 14 portions.
- Make 12 – 14 balls with the dough and roll out with the help of dry flour.
- Place coriander – aniseed leaves mixture filling in the center of each paratha.
- Fold towards the center on all sides and press to seal.
- Roll out again to a round disc and cook on a hot Tawa on both sides, applying a little ghee.
- Serve hot with curd mixture and vegetable gravies.