US President Barack Obama says Goodbye America in his emotional farewell address to more than 20,000 people in his hometown of Chicago. He have spent eight years as president of America and will be leaving his office on January 20, 2017 and will be taken by President-elect Trump.
Some top quotes from his speech were.
- I committed to President-elect Trump that my administration would ensure the smoothest possible transition.
- With the election of Republican Donald Trump we should feel optimism about the future of the country.
- I will be right there with you, as a citizen, for all my remaining days.
- We remain the wealthiest, most powerful, and most respected nation on Earth.
- We, the People, through the instrument of our democracy, can form a more perfect union.
- Race remains a potent and often divisive force in our society, we need to uphold laws against discrimination.
- Challenge of climate change will effect children, they will have to deal more environmental disasters, more economic disruptions, waves of climate refugees seeking sanctuary.
- Health care costs are rising at the slowest rate in 50 years, we’ve made to our health care system and that covers as many people at less cost, I will publicly support it.
- I reject discrimination against Muslim Americans, who are just as patriotic as we are.
- In past eight years, we have worked to put the fight against terrorism on a firmer legal footing.
- Russia or China cannot match our influence around the world.