Palak vada or Spinach Fritter is a delicious Indian snack. It is soft, steamed Indian dumplings, loaded with iron-rich spinach and power of Urad Dal.
- White urad dal 1/4 cup
- Rice flour 2 tbsp
- Ginger finely chopped 1 Tsp
- Spinach 1-1/2 cup chopped
- Fresh coriander 2 tbsp chopped
- 2 green chilies
- Salt 3/4 Tsp
- Red chili powder 1 Tsp
- Whole cumin 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Oil for frying
1. Finely chop spinach leaves, fresh coriander, and green chilies.
2. Soak white urad dal for 4-5 hours. throw all extra water and grind it very fine paste.
3. Add salt, red chili powder, whole cumin and garam masala, rice flour, ginger finely chopped, mix well.
4. Add chopped coriander, spinach, and green chilies mix well add salt to taste.
5. With the help of a tablespoon drop the vadas in hot oil and fry them on medium to high heat. Hot crispy spinach vada is ready to serve with tamarind mint dip.