Inspiring World Environment Day Quotes
World Environment Day is celebrated on the 5th of June every year and is the United Nation’s principal vehicle for encouraging awareness and action for the protection of our environment.
First held in 1974, it has been a flagship campaign for raising awareness on emerging environmental issues from marine pollution, human overpopulation, and global warming, to sustainable consumption and wildlife crime. Its goal? To raise public awareness of ecological and environmental issues through various initiatives.
World Environment Day aims to inspire people to take action against environmental degradation in the hopes of slowing and reversing the damage humans have done to Earth’s environment. Now this date is an international holiday, the purpose of which is to join forces to preserve nature and resources. It is celebrated in different countries in the form of street rallies and processions, parades, bike races, “green” celebrations, etc. Share some popular World Environment Day Quotes with your friends which will inspire them to conserve the earth’s habitat.
- “The good man is the friend of all living things.” – Mahatama Gandhi
- “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
- “If we do not permit the earth to produce beauty and joy, it will in the end not produce food, either”. – Joseph Wood Krutch
- “We won’t have a society if we destroy the environment”. – Margaret Mead
- “For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.” – Mother Teresa
- “He that plants trees loves others besides himself.” – Thomas Fuller
- “I firmly believe nature brings solace in all troubles.” – Anne Frank
- “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just not on impact.” – Elon Musk
- “All we have to do is to wake up and change.” – Greta Thunberg
- “Every day is Earth Day, and I vote we start investing in a secure climate future right now.” – Jackie Speier
- “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the Earth.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
- “Environmentally friendly cars will soon cease to be an option…they will become a necessity.” – Fujio Cho
- “Earth rejoices our words, breathing and peaceful steps. Let every breath, every word and every step make the mother earth proud of us.” – Amit Ray
- “The environment is everything that isn’t me”. – Albert Einstein
- “To leave the world better than you found it, sometimes you have to pick up other people’s trash.” – Bill Nye
- “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.” – John Ruskin
- “He that plants trees loves others beside himself.” – Thomas Fuller
Suggested Read: World Environment Day Wishes