350th Prakash Parv of Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji
‘Prakash Parv’ or ‘Prakash Utsav’ is one of the most widely celebrated occasions of the Sikh community. This year 2017 marks the 350th Birth Anniversary of Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj the creator of the gracious “Khalsa”, and a mega event is going to be held at Takhat Shri Harimandir Ji Patna Sahib from 1st to 5th January 2017.
Development, Preparation, and Arrangements at Patna Sahib
1. An exclusive mobile application is being designed by the Department of Tourism to facilitate a smooth, one-stop travel and information solution for all devotees wanting to be a part of the 350th Prakash Utsav celebrations scheduled in Patna.
2. Development of Tented City in Patna to provide accommodation and hospitality services to almost 55000 devotees spread over three locations in Patna.
3. Preparations at Takht Sri Harmadir Sahib Ji, the gurudwara campus is being given a new glorious look and hundreds of Sarai rooms are being constructed for the visitors who are expected to arrive in the mega event which is scheduled in January 2017.
4. A lot of trains will stop at Patna Sahib Station for two minutes only for the period from 26.12.2016 to 15.01.2017 the detail of trains is provided at http://350thprakashparv.bih.nic.in/Uploads/_301120161028.pdf.
- 1st and 2nd January – There will be Kirtan, and ardas in the morning from 4.15 to 6.30, Shabd Kirtan and Guru Shabd Vichar than there will be Ardas and Shastra Darshan than Kirtan and Pravachan will start.
- 3rd January – Prabhat Pheri in the morning at 4:00 am from Takhat Saheb to Guru Gobind Singh Path through Sabzi Mandi and will end at Takhat Saheb.
- 4th January – A day before the main event, Kirtan, Ardas following by Nagar Kirtan and Guru Vichar followed by Kirtan at Gandhi Maidan.
- 5th January – At Gandhi Maidan, Nagar kirtan, Vichar, It is expected to be one of the biggest religious processions ever taken out in Patna. Guru Shabd Vichar, Kirtan Darbar, and the program followed with the arrival of special Santh.
The details of the program can be found at http://350thprakashparv.bih.nic.in/Uploads/_261220161258.pdf.