Hair Dandruff is a common problem these days, they are small pieces of dry skin which comes off your scalp and is very embarrassing. The main causes of Dandruff are, not washing hairs properly, not paying attention to your hairs, excessive use of hair gel, using inappropriate hair products.
To get rid of Dandruff, it is very important for you to take care of your hairs and avoid the use of chemical products on hairs. The beauty products will give temporary shine to your hairs but they leave their bad effect on your hairs too.
Causes of Dandruff
1. Mental stress – Stress and being tired a lot have been linked to many skin problems including Dandruff.
2. Irritated, oily skin – People with irritated, oily skin are more likely to get dandruff.
3. Not shampooing often enough – If you are not regularly washing your hairs, oils and skin cells from your scalp can build up.
4. A yeast-like fungus – A yeast may be the cause of dandruff in your hair, dandruff is worse during winter than in summers when ultraviolet-A light from the sun counteracts the yeast.
5. Dry skin – People with dry skin are more prone to dandruff. Dandruff that stems from dry skin is smaller and have non-oily flakes.
6. Hair Care Products – You are sensitive to certain ingredients in hair care products that can trigger red, itchy, scaling scalp.
7. Not enough hair brushing – By regular combing your hairs you get rid of normal skin shedding from the scalp and reduces the risk of dandruff.
8. Diet – Not eating proper food, you should eat food rich in zinc, B vitamins.
9. Age – Dandruff may because of hormonal changes in your body, like during your teenage years and after age 50.
10. Medical Condition – Certain medical condition makes a person more prone to dandruff.
Dandruff can be stopped by slowing down the reproduction of skin cells or counteracting the yeast production that might be the cause. You can find a lot of over the counter products in the market to treat dandruff but the natural remedies are best and just effective. We are sharing some of the natural remedies you can try for dandruff problem.
10 Home Remedies Removing Dandruff from Hair
1. Yogurt (curd) for dandruff removal
Probiotics in Yogurt are beneficial bacteria that are good for your health. It will fight against the fungal infection that causes dandruff.
Take one cup of plain curd, lightly wash your hairs with shampoo and then apply the curd on your hairs and leave it for 15 minutes. Then wash off your hair with some herbal shampoo. Repeating it thrice a month will help you to get rid of dandruff completely.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is related to many health benefits and is a natural remedy for dandruff problem in your hairs.
It will balance the pH level of your skin and help in the reduction of fungus growth. You can add few tsp of apple cider vinegar in your shampoo or apply directly to your hairs 15 minutes before washing.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is often used as a natural remedy for dandruff as it improves skin hydration and prevents dryness. It got antimicrobial properties which will help in hydrating the skin and reduce symptoms of eczema and dandruff.
Apply coconut oil directly to the scalp and leave it for some time, make sure the oil has penetrated well into your hair and skin and rinse it well with water.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a medicinal plant, it has antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal properties making it perfect for dandruff treatment. It is also believed to help in treating skin conditions like burns, psoriasis and cold sores.
The Aloe Vera will not only help to protect your hair against dandruff but will also keep your scalp healthy. Take 1 tsp gel of Aloe Vera gel and apply it directly to your scalp, massage it for some time and wash it off after 20-30 minutes with shampoo.
5. Baking Soda
Baking Soda is readily found in the kitchen and a very quick and convenient way to treat dandruff. It’s believed the antifungal properties of Baking Soda act as a gentle exfoliate to remove dead skin cells and reduce scaling and itchiness.
You just have to add one tsp of baking soda to your shampoo, massage into your scalp for few minutes and wash it off.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil has powerful anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce the severity and symptoms of dandruff.
Mix 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with one tsp of olive oil and massage well into the scalp leave it for some time and wash off.
7. Lemon Juice for Dandruff
Lemon Juice got antiseptic properties, and good treatment for itchy scalp and dry scalp. It alters the pH level of your scalp and removes unwanted dandruff.
Mix fresh lemon juice with water and massage it well into your scalp and wash it off with water after some time.
Aspirin contains salicylic acid, which shows effective in the treatment of Dandruff. Many shampoos available in the market for dandruff treatment contains salicylic acid.
Just crush two tablets of Asprin and mix its powder to your shampoo before washing hairs.
9. Banana and avocado
Banana and avocado are a great moisturizing agent, means it reduces the dry flakes and inflammation very effectively.
Just mix two banana with one avocado and apply it over your scalp and rinse with cold water after 30 minutes.
10. Omega-3s fatty acids
Increase your intake of Omega-3s fatty acid as it is vital for skin health. It will not only reduce dandruff but also helps in oil production and hydration and promote wound healing fast.