They say that the first impression is the last impression.
Therefore it is very important that when you meet your potential date your appearance, body language, profile should be perfect. Whatever you do should be distinctly unique and fascinating. Following tips will come in handy for making the impressive first impression.
1. Relax: Just play it cool. Don’t panic and try to be yourself. People are perceived as more attractive when they are having a good time.
2. Smile: Remember a smiling face is what people want to see. So don’t go on a date with a serious face. A serious face gives all the wrong impressions, so keep smiling.
3. Don’t knock yourself out trying to be clever: Whatever you do please don’t try to hard to show something that you are not. You might just be making a fool of yourself.
4. Be less-than perfect: Don’t try to show that you are Miss Perfect. Be careful not to praise your many virtues to the point of boredom, or even suspicion. No one can be that perfect. Your minor faults and charming inconsistencies make you human, interesting and approachable.
5. Avoid sending up red flags: Don’t whine, complain or drivel on about any problems in your life. Refrain from casting yourself in the role of the victim or the depressed soul. Be positive and optimistic. Chaos, depression and drama aren’t attractive attributes.
6. The eyes have it: As they say “The eyes are the window to the soul.” Thus while you are talking to your date look into his eyes while talking and listen deeply and intensely. Pay attention to your date and don’t look off to the side or at another person.
7. Say it with style: What you say may not be as important as how you say it. Play with language. Be smart and creative.
8. Use the magic touch: A slight touch of the hand conveys a lot. So when you shake hands make the grip firm and confident. It’s also fine to reach out and give a casual pat on the first date. If he is interested in you he will also touch you back.
9. Picture perfect: While clothes don’t make the man (or woman), no one wants to appear shoddy or unkempt. Comb your hair, brush your teeth, slap on that coat of lipstick, and don’t wear clothes with holes, even if you’re just going to the grocery store. Men like women who know how to take care of themselves.
10. Slouch not: Just as good posture shows confidence, slouching or standing with your arms folded across your chest sends an insecure message. Arms that are out and away from you convey that you are interested.
11. Be yourself: This is most important. Don’t say you’re a vegetarian if you really eat meat. Don’t try to do something just because you want to impress your date. Be sincere and truthful.
12. Close with confidence: Lastly make the other person feel that you had a great time. Offer your hand for a shake and say with assurance (not necessary if the date was a disaster), “It’s been nice talking to you. Lets meet up again and do something great together.” This will definitely leave your man wanting for more.