Sunlight is essential for our body as its exposure gives us essential vitamin D. But excessive exposure to sun can cause painful sunburns. And during summers getting sunburns is a daily truth, the exposure to the ultraviolet radiation from the sun can cause damage to the skin.
Even if you are out in sun for only 15 minutes during a hot summer day, you may not realize what sun have done to your skin only after few hours you can see the symptoms. The exposure to ultraviolet radiation hits the skin cells and damage the DNA of the cells, in a process to repair the damaged cells the skin gets red and you get the burning sensation.
The skin produce more melanin in the skin to block the further radiations as a result that we get sun tan. In market there are lot of sunscreens available to choose from but no matter how much you protect yourself the burns can still happen. So we are providing you the tips of how to get relief from a sunburn instantly.
- Take a washcloth and wet it with a cold water and splash little apple cider vinegar to the cloth and dab the cloth to you sunburn affected area. You will feel instant relief from the burn, and after few mintues your skin will dry.
- Now rub the effected area with coconut oil, and by next day you will see a significant change in your skin. Coconut oil promotes healing and help skin in case of burns, it exfoliate and lubricate so it would be best if you can continue use of coconut oil to that area.
- Milk can also be used in cases of mild sunburns, just wash the area with plain water and let it dry. Apply the milk directly to the effected area and let it dry, wash the milk after few hours and repeat the process.
- Tea leaves also help in soothe the skin and they take the burning sensation away. Tea contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents that help your skin to repair from DNA damage done by the sun.
- Aloe vera is touted as the “burn plant, you can apply Aloe vera in any form into the effected area to get relief from itching and stinging from sun burn.