Orange Peel Face-mask For Skin
Oranges are juicy, sweet citrus fruit which is a powerhouse of Vitamin C, they are consumed after peeling and discarding their skin away. But have you ever thought of making some use of the peels which contain so many important nutrients?
Orange peels contain a good amount of provitamin A, folate, riboflavin, thiamine, vitamin B6, and calcium. It is recommended to use the orange peels in your diet. If you don’t feel like using the peels in your diet then you can use it for skin care as they make a very good herbal powder for skin treatment as they are rich in vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients.
We all have the habit of throwing the orange peels in garbage bins and buying costly branded orange face-mask from the market. All the expensive skincare products contain harmful chemicals. Why not try to use our homemade face-mask from Orange peel powder and see the miracle effects of Orange peel, while saving yourself from the damage of harsh chemicals.
Suggested Read: Homemade Face Mask
Benefits of Orange peel for skin
1. Makes your skin glowing, bright and removes pigments, marks, and scars from the skin.
2. Beautify your skin by forming collagen and elastin in your skin.
3. Its anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties make it great for treating acne and oily skin problems.
4. Antioxidants in orange peels help to slow down wrinkles, sagging and skin aging.
5. It helps to unclog pores and removes blackheads.
6. Orange peels are an anti-inflammatory drug that reduces inflammation in your skin and shrinks pores.
7. It works as natural cleanser, astringent, scrub, moisturizer and toner.
8. It is a natural bleaching agent that helps in skin whitening.
9. The granular texture of Orange peels and calcium present in it helps in effectively scrubbing off the dead and decaying skin cells.
10. The limonene present in Orange peels helps in whitening the teeth and works as a natural scent.
Suggested Read: Oily Skin Care Routine
Orange Peel Face-mask
Orange peel face mask recipes are easy to make at home, using common ingredients available in your kitchen. Orange peel is nutrient-rich and has many benefits for skin, including skin lightening. To make the face-mask from orange peels you have to use it in powder form. To make powder from orange peels you just need to dry these peels under the sun and blend them in a blender to form a powder.
You can store the powder in an airtight container, but make sure there is no moisture left in peels as they may contaminate the powder. So next time you eat an orange remember the benefits of the peel and save them to use it later. We can use the orange peel powder in five different ways to form a face mask.
1. Orange Peel powder and yogurt face-mask
This is the simplest form of face-mask you can use, with just 1 tbsp of orange peel and 2 tbsp of yogurt. Make a smooth paste and apply all over the face let it dry for 20 minutes and wash it with water. This is an instant rejuvenating face pack which is easy to make and you can apply it just before any important event to give your skin a glow.
2. Orange peel, Multani Mitti, and rose water face-mask
Multani Mitti is also known as fuller earth is a mineral-rich clay used for skincare since ancient times. Take 1 tbsp of Multani Mitti, 1 tbsp of orange peel mix them in the form of smooth paste using rose water. Apply this paste evenly all over your face and wash it off with water after it is semi-dry. It will not only bring a glow to your face but will also cleanse your face thoroughly and help you to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads.
Suggested Read: Remedies For Skin Tanning
3. Orange peel, lemon, and Multani Mitti face-mask
In summer you tend to get skin tan and the best way to remove the tan is to use a homemade face pack of orange peel with few drops of lemon juice and a bit of Multani Mitti. Apply this on your face and wash it off with water after 30 minutes. If your skin is oily and more prone to acne than you can increase the amount of lime juice and orange peel powder in it.
4. Orange peel, oatmeal, and baking soda face-mask
This face mask will help you to cleanse your skin deep and drive away from the dirt, grime and excess oil which causes blackheads and pimples on your skin. The oatmeal in the face-pack gently exfoliates and scrubs your skin clean and absorbs the dirt and impurities from the skin surface. Baking soda helps to cleanse your skin deep. Make sure after applying the mask you don’t talk as it will cause the formation of wrinkles in your skin. This face mask balances out the oil from the skin and leaves your skin fresh and toned.
5. Orange peel, milk, and coconut oil face-mask
If your skin is too oily and prone to pimples than this might be the best face mask for you as the orange peel will absorb excess oil from your skin, coconut oil will extract the excess sebum clogging your pores, while milk nourishes your skin with vitamins and minerals leaving a soft and supple.
Suggested Read: Home Remedies For Fair Skin