Just as Vastu in prevalent in India and Kuber is considered to be a wealth enhancer, similarly Feng Shui is in China and Laughing Buddha is considered to be auspicious and wealth-enriching. In Feng Shui, remedies have been mentioned only on the basis of positive and negative energy, small instruments used in Feng Shui also solve Vastu defects. Feng Shui method eliminates or reduces negative energy and lead you to happiness and prosperity.
Laughing Buddha is a Chinese god who brings wealth and good fortune and is also known as Pu-Tai in Chinese and Hai-Tei in Japanese. It is believed that he was a monk in the Chinese dynasty Tyang period who love to hang out. His name was Budaishi who was believed to be an incarnation of Maitreya.
Suggested Read: Increase love in the home
He is dressed in traditional Buddhist monk robes and carries with him a large cloth sack that is never empty. He pulls things from his cloth sack to feed needy children and their families. Whenever he used to go out he would distribute prosperity and happiness with his smiling face, heavy stomach, and jolly character. He is just like Santa Claus popular among children in the west. His huge bag which is overflowing with good things like rice plant which represents wealth, food or candy.
The legend states that there is nothing that will bring more happiness to Pu-Tai than watching all the sorrow and suffering of mankind changed to happiness and prosperity. His inner smile is so bright that it radiates throughout his entire being and is certain to bring happiness where ever he may be.
Suggested Read: Feng Shui in the house
The Laughing Buddha is regarded as one of the most auspicious Gods of wealth. It brings prosperity, success and financial gains to the house. It is believed that the place where Laughing Buddha resides, there is no shortage of money. Laughing Buddha attracts wealth, prosperity, success and good fortune. You can see laughing Buddha kept in the home , offices, shops, hotels, and other business establishments. This idol greets the positive energy entering the house and prevents negative energy from entering the house.
10 facts for placing laughing Buddha
1. Laughing Buddha should be placed around the main gate and at a height of about three feet from the ground. Do not place it in front of the main door, it can be placed diagonally or on some edge so that the statue greets energy entering the house. Southeast direction of the main hall is considered good for wealth and luck.
Suggested Read: Feng Shui for office
2. The direction of laughing Buddha should be that his smiling face should be visible to the person coming inside the house. The Laughing Buddha greets the energies that enter from the main gate and activates them manifold and turns highly prosperous.
3. If you want mental peace, keep the idol of Laughing Buddha in the house while sitting in meditation. The effect of this idol brings peace to the mind.
4. There is a statue of Laughing Buddha in which he is seated with many children. Keeping this idol in the house gives child happiness.
5. If we are facing bad luck, then we should keep such a statue of Laughing Buddha, in which they are holding a Wo Lu (kamandala) in both hands. With the effect of this idol, one can get rid of debt and there can be possibilities of monetary gain. One version is that the sack means that he collects people’s sadness and woes and puts them in his sack.
Suggested Read: Feng Shui for good night sleep
6. To get rid of diseases and attain good health, keep such a statue of Laughing Buddha in which they have yellow Japanese flowers in hand.
7. To maintain prosperity in the house, keep such an idol, where the laughing Buddha has a bundle in hand.
8. It is not advisable to keep the Laughing Buddha in a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, floor or in the dining room. This God of wealth is not worshiped or prayed to, but just displayed and its presences are purely symbolic and auspicious.
9. There are many forms of Laughing Buddha. Some are in standing position and some are in the sitting position. However using any form of Laughing Buddha, may it be having a bag behind him, may it be in the form of holding an ingot in his hands or may it be sitting on the bed of the coins and ingots, are all good.
Suggested Read: Feng Shui Tips
10. On 8th May it is considered auspicious to light a candle which is Buddha’s birthday and it is said your he will fulfill all your wishes.