Best Clothing Brands in India
India is a country with different cultures and religions. Some of the major religions of Indians are Hinduism, Islam, Sikhism, and Christianity. Clothing in a particular region depends on the different ethnicity, geography, climate, and cultural traditions of the people of each region of India.
India has a great diversity in terms of weaves, fibers, colors, and material of clothing.
Indian clothing for women is something that allures almost everyone’s attention. It is one of the most sensuous yet clothing throughout the globe.
Western clothing continues to increase in popularity in city centers, though the traditional bold colors and embroidery of classic Indian attire influence newer designs.
One Indian style that crossed cultures and is a classic in Eastern and Western countries is the Nehru jacket, a well-tailored, high-collared, button-down style named after Jawaharlal Nehru, a former prime minister of India. Both men and women wear Nehru jackets.
There are many famous brands. Of course, the names vary with demographics. Here we are mentioning some of the famous brands that are super popular among the majority of Urban women and have high brand recall
- mango, Zara, Only, Vero Moda, h&m, Promod, forever 21, bcbg, AND, Bebe, Forever new.
- e-comm only – Dorothy Perkins, Femella, JC Collection, miss Selfridges, Dressberry.
2. Casual/ Denim
- Tommy hilfiger, ucb, lacoste, levi, GAP, Pepe, Numero Uno, Latin Quarters, Trendy Diva, Spykar.
- e-comm only – roadster, Tom Tailor, river island, Harpa.
3. Western Formal
- M&S, Allen Solly, VH, Wills, Park Avenue, Arrow Women.
- e-commerce – the brands in casual and fashion categories do carry formal wear as well.
4. Indian/ Ethnic
- Fabindia, W, Biba, Global Desi.
- e-comm only – Anouk, Libas, Anahi, and many more.
5. Exclusive Brands by Large-Scale Retailers
There are a lot of brands that span over multiple product categories in the below mentioned retail chains.
- Shoppers Stop