Vegetable Kebab is a spicy and most popular snack recipe, grated vegetables are mixed in some spices and fried in hot oil. A delicious kebab is a great option for the vegetarians and best to serve with green chutney and tomato sauce.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 medium bowl cabbage shredded
- 1 cup fresh paneer grated
- 1 cup cauliflower grated
- 2 potatoes boiled and mashed
- 3 green chillies chopped
- 1 cup carrot peeled and grated
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp unsalted and melted butter
- Handful coriander leaves (rinsed and chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
How to make Vegetable Kebab :
- Combine the mashed potatoes and grated paneer in a big bowl.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan.
- Saute grated cauliflower and shredded cabbage for few minutes.
- Add the mixture of potatoes and paneer.
- Season with the salt and mix very well.
- Now add finely chopped green chillies, ginger and carrot.
- Saute on medium high flame for 3-4 minutes until it dries.
- Add remaining spices along with chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Stir in for 2 more minutes and remove the pan from the flame.
- Set aside to cool.
- When the mixture cool down, add little bit of oil and all-purpose flour in it.
- Now take some oil in your hand palms and make small balls from the prepared mixture.
- While making small balls, flatten and give a proper shape of kebab, you can add little amount of water, if needed.
- Heat good amount of oil in a pan.
- Drop few kebab’s at a time in hot oil and fry until turns to golden and crispy.
- In the same way, make all the vegetable kebabs and drain on oil absorbent paper.
- Serve them hot with green chutney and salad.