Here is the list of top Medicine/MBBS Colleges in India.
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
Website – aiims.edu/en.html
The All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) are a group of autonomous public medical colleges of higher education.
The courses offered by the institute are:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
- Bachelor of Optometry (B. Optom).
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Radiography/Radiodiagnosis.
- MD/MS .
- MD in Hospital Administration.
- DM/Magister Chirurgiae|M.Ch.
- Master of Dental Surgery M.D.S. in four specialities namely Orthodontics, Prosthodontics, Endodontics and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Master of Health Administration (M.H.A).
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology#BSc (Honours) Human Biology at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (1980–2002)|BSc(Hons.) Human Biology (1980–2002; now discontinued).
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Radiography/Radio-diagnosis.
- BSc (Hons.) in Nursing.
- BSc in Nursing (post-certificate).
- MSc in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Pharmacology, Physiology, Urology Technology, Perfusion Technology, Nuclear Medicine and Nursing.
- Master of Biotechnology.
- PhD in 47 disciplines.
2. Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
Website – cmch-vellore.edu
Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore (CMC) is a private, minority-run educational and research institute that includes a network of primary, secondary and tertiary care hospitals in and around Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India. The college offers MBBS, 57 post-graduate diploma and degree medical courses (MS, MD, DM, MCh, Bachelor of Science, Master of Science and PhD), 44 Allied Health Science courses, and 14 diploma courses in nursing and other fields, and 52 Fellowship courses. A total of about 2500 students are enrolled per year.
The MBBS course consists of four and a half years of academics, and one year of CRRI. A block posting in Community Health centres is an integral part of medical education. Students are posted in mission hospitals and secondary care centers. The Christian Medical College is one of the top ranked medical colleges in India
3. Armed Forces Medical College – [AFMC], Pune
Website – afmc.nic.in
A medical college in Pune, India, in the state of Maharashtra, The college is managed by the Indian Armed Forces. The various departments are very active in taking up research projects either under departmental sponsorship or under the auspices of Armed Forces Medical Research Committee (AFMRC). Apart from service-oriented projects, research inclinical and laboratory subjects is also carried out. AFMC has the facility for animal house, hatcheries for disease producing insects, and a virology and bacteriology bank for these purposes. AFMC is a research and referral centre for confirmation of disease, identification of pathogens (viral and bacterial) and classification of blood disorders. AFMC acts as a referral centre, designated by WHO for certain diseases i.e. HIV-regional laboratory and centre for rickettsial diseases. Apart from this, the Students’ Scientific Society of AFMC has been organizing Illuminati, one of the biggest undergraduate research conferences in India.
4. Kasturba Medical College, KMC Manglore
Website – manipal.edu/kmc-mangalore.html
A medical college based in Manipal, Udupi District Karnataka, India.The college started with the pre-clinical section at Manipal and the students had to go to Mangalore for their clinical training. After finishing their Anatomy and Physiology courses the students of KMC completed their 3 years of clinical training and 1 year of rotating internship in KMC Mangalore.
5. Maulana Azad Medical College – [MAMC], New Delhi
Website – mamc.ac.in
The Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC) is a government medical college in Delhi affiliated to University of Delhi. The medical school offers the degrees of MBBS (medical school degree, equivalent to Doctor of Medicine or MD in some countries), post graduate/residency degrees of MS, MD and superspeciality/subspecialty fellowship degrees of MCh and DM. It has attached schools offering degrees in nursing and pharmacy. The MAMC campus houses Lok Nayak Hospital, GB Pant Hospital and also has the Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences.
6. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research – [JIPMER], Pondicherry
Website – jipmer.edu.in
It is located at Pondicherry, the capital of the union territory of Puducherry, in southern India.As an Institute of National Importance, JIPMER is not affiliated to any university and it awards its own degrees. It offers a number of medical and paramedical courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levelsThe institute conducts research actively in modern medicine, public health and medical education.
7. Lady Hardinge Medical College – [LHMC], New Delhi
Website – hardinge.org
A medical college for women located in New Delhi, India. It became part of the Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi and provide courses in Department of Physiology, Anatomy, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Forensic Medicine, Pharmacology and Community Medicine.
8. Madras Medical College – [MMC], Chennai
Website – mmc.tn.gov.in
The Madras Medical College is an educational institution located in Chennai, India. The college was declared as an independent university called the Madras Medical College and Research Institute (MMC & RI). Later the status as an independent university was withdrawn shortly afterwards and the college was affiliated back to the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, dropping the suffix “Research Institute”. There are about 11 Institutions attached to Madras Medical College.
9. Grant Medical College – [GMC], Mumbai
Website – gmcjjh.org
The Grant Government Medical College, Mumbai is a medical college affiliated to the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik. Its clinical affiliate is Sir Jamsetjee Jeejebhoy Group of Hospitals: a conglomerate of four hospitals in South Bombay that include the Sir J. J. Hospital, St George Hospital, Gokuldas Tejpal Hospital, and Cama and Albess Hospital( women and children hospital) Grant Medical College is among the 8 medical colleges of India which have been recognised by medical council of Singapore.
10. King George’s Medical University – [KGMU], Lucknow
Website – kgmu.org
King George’s Medical University, for a while known as Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University, is a medical school located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. It have about 36 Departments in which it offers paramedical courses.