Tawa Paneer Masala (पनीर तवा मसाला) Recipe is a Punjabi dish which is usually cooked on Tawa or a frying pan! Cooking in a tawa gives a unique flavor and consistency to the dish. A semi dry gravy of paneer cooked in tomato gravy with spices and fresh cream, this masala features an aromatic array of flavors. They are great for chapatis/roti. Serve paneer Tawa masala with hot Rotis or Phulkas and raitha of your choice!
- Paneer – 200 grams
- Onion – 1 medium sized chopped
- Capcisum – 1 chopped
- Tomato – 3 medium sized pureed
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 4 pods
- Ginger – 2 inch piece
- Green Chilli – 2 nos.
- Kitchen King Masala – 2 tsp
- Chat Masala – 2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – as per taste
- Coriander powder (Dhaniya) – 2 tsp
- Corinader leaves
- Turmeric (Haldi)- 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Butter for cooking, keep 1 tsp separate
Method of Preparation
- Take fresh paneer and cut large size cubes. Now take a Tawa or Skillet, add small amount of butter and heat it on medium flame.
- When oil is heated add grated garlic, grated ginger, fine chopped green chilli and saute for 1 minute on low flame.
- Add onion and saute it for 1 minute on low flame. Add few pinch of salt which helps in cooking onion fast.
- Add tomato paste and saute it for 5 minutes on low flame. Add few drops of water to cook tomato fast.
- When tomato is cooked add kasuri methi and capsicum saute it for 30 seconds. Add kitchen king masala, Chat Masala, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and saute it for 30 seconds.
- Add Paneer cubes, coat it with cooked onion and tomato, which takes 2-3 minute to properly cook.
- You can add little butter in this stage and switch off the flame.
- Take it in serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves and butter.
- Tawa Paneer Masala is ready to be served with hot chapati, paratha, naan, crispy poori.