International Men’s Day (IMD) is an annual international event celebrated on 19 November. The objectives of celebrating an International Men’s Day include focusing on men’s and boys’ health, improving gender relations, promoting gender equality, and highlighting male role models. The ability to sacrifice your needs on behalf of others is fundamental to manhood, as is honour.
Manhood rites of passage the world over recognise the importance of sacrifice in the development of Manhood. Methods of commemorating International Men’s Day have included public seminars, conferences, festivals and fundraisers, classroom activities at schools, radio and television programs, Church observances, and peaceful displays and marches.
International Men’s Day is celebrated in over 70 countries of the world. Most countries on the list such as the United States and the United Kingdom have only recently started to promote the day. International Men’s Day as “a gift to humanity” that crosses “geographical, religious, ideological, political, cultural, and ethnic and language barriers”.
Here is some beautiful and inspiring quotes for International Men’s Day
- The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.
- God created men to follow his teachings which are based on love and respect, all men should do so and earth would be a better place to live.
- To be a real man means to know how to face your mistakes, how to forgive, learn to love, and try to help everyone who needs you.
- You sacrifice all your life for the family to bring a smile on their faces.
- A father nurtures a child to help him start his life. More importantly he helps him become a man.
- Men are able not only to change the destiny of their lives, but also the destiny of a country.
- A grown man is so secure with himself he will go flip burgers to make sure his baby can eat.
- The superior man is distressed by the limitations of his ability; he is not distressed by the fact that men do not recognize the ability that he has.