The Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli is situated on the western coast of India. It is surrounded on the west, north, and east by Valsad district of Gujarat and in the south and south-east by Thana and Nasik districts of Maharashtra.
It is the homeland of colorful tribals. Dadra and Nagar Haveli is also the land of thick, green forests, low hills, large waterfronts and huge, green meadows.
Getting There :
- By Air: Mumbai is the closest airport.
- By Rail & Bus: Dadra & Nagar Haveli does not have its own road transport system, but benefits from Gujarat and Maharashtra transport system.
Fast Facts :
- Area: 491 Sq. Km
- Capital: Silvassa
- Languages: Gujarati, Marathi, and Hindi
- Religion: Hinduism, Islam, and Christianity
- Literacy rate: 88.49 %
- Best Time To Visit: November to March
Tourist Attractions :
Vanganga Lake and Island Garden
A beautiful lake garden only 5 km from the capital Silvassa. It has wooden bridges, flowers, jogging paths, thatched huts, and paddleboats.
The Piparia Udyan is a park with a difference. The great waterfalls, tiny kiosks and sprawling islands of flowers are a great sight.
A riverside park with beautiful lawns. Ideal for picnics. Pavilions provide shelters to the visitors.